- BEEF ZUPPA TUSCANA
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, removed from the casings
- 5 slices bacon, diced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 32 ounces beef broth
- 2 white potatoes, diced (no peeling necessary)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups spinach, fresh
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded and divided
Brown sausage and diced bacon in a French oven over medium-high heat until fully cooked.
Drain all but one tablespoon of oil.
Sauté onion and garlic in remaining oil for about 2-3 minutes.
Add back the sausage and bacon.
Add beef broth, potatoes, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce to low and cover. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes, until potatoes are fully cooked.
Add fresh spinach, cream and 3/4 cup parmesan cheese.
Heat over medium until warm (about 5 minutes).
Serve with a sprinkle of extra parmesan on top.