UNCLE BUDDY’S PRESSURE COOKER BUTTER BEANS
1 lb. large lima beans (dry) = 2 cups dry beans
6 cups water for pre soak
2-3 cups water for cooking after presoak
3-4 tbsp. cooking oil
5 tbsp. real butter
Directions for presoaking:
1. Sort beans to eliminate any rocks, bad beans and etc.
2. Place beans into large microwave safe bowl, about 4 qt. size
3. Add 6 cups water and place into microwave and cook for 25 minutes
4. Let set after microwaving for about 30 minutes. (beans will have better than doubled in size. this is why big bowl is needed to begin with)
Directions for Pressure Cooking @ 10 lbs. pressure using stove top or electric.
For 15 lbs pressure Cookers, lessen cooking time by a few minutes.
1. Pour beans into Pressure Cooker
2. Add 2-3 cups water, enough to cover beans about 3 inches
3. Add 5 tbsp. real butter
4. Add 3-4 tbsp. cooking oil. (This keeps beans from foaming)
5. Salt to taste. ( I shake 4 little shakes out of the round box)
6. Pepper to taste ( use your own judgment)
Place lid on Cooker and lock into place with weight in place on top.
Turn heat on high and bring up to steam, which is actually the same as bringing to a boil in regular pot. (Start counting time after reaching pressure level, indicated by escaping steam.)
When pressure is reached and steam begins to escape under weight, immediately set timer for 52 minutes and turn heat to lowest setting that will keep steam escaping at least 2-3 times per minute.
Caution: Do not try to remove lid until sure steam has dropped in cooker. This can be very dangerous, but no problem as long as the steam indicator has dropped down. Also, you can check for steam by using a dish cloth to VERY carefully wiggle the weight on top to see if steam comes out.
This same recipe can be used in a regular pot but you have to keep a close watch to be sure the beans don’t cook dry and burn and they have to be stirred pretty often, as well.
Please like and share my page.