PRESSURE COOKER SAUSAGE LINK DINNER
1 lb. pork sausage links
(I used 2 lbs. long round beef links)
2 onions, diced
5 potatoes, sliced thin
1 (16 oz.) can cream corn
(Next time I’ll use whole kernel)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3/4 cup tomato juice
(it called for 3/4 cup, but I used 1 cup because of extra ingredients)
Heat cooker and brown sausage links.
In cooker layer potatoes, onion and corn.
Season with salt and pepper.
Place links on top and pour tomato juice over top.
Close lid securely and bring to pressure.
Reduce heat and cook for 15 minutes.
As everyone probably knows, Pressure Cooking is my favorite way to cook, and I ran across this recipe the other day and thought I would like to try it.
It has a Cajun sound to it and by adding a little Cajun flavoring to spice it up; this will probably turn into a very good dish to serve for a change in recipes.
I will get back to everybody as soon as I try it out!
I have made this recipe and it turned out very good, but I DID stray from the original version by doing the following:
- I substituted those LONG ROUND BEEF SAUSAGE LINKS for the pork sausage links. Fantastic
- I changed the 3/4 cup Tomato Juice to 1 full cup because of the extra ingredients. a little more won’t hurt!
- Next time, I will change the creamed corn to kernel corn. I believe It will be even better.
- I left the old measurements in so everyone could make it either way.
- Next time, I think I’ll add a couple of stalks of celery. I’m never satisfied with a recipe.
- Note: This could also be a very good soup to make on top of the stove, by adding extra Tomato Juice and stirring well to keep from scorching.